Sunday 15 September 2013

Let's talk about superstitions.

The relation between Superstitions and Destiny is as old as the origin of superstitions itself. Man always has had a tendency of changing the so called noun- DESTINY and this tendency gave rise to the origin of certain ridiculous and completely absurd beliefs that has been controlling the weaker part of human psychology since ages. Now its time to rise and not just rise against it but also eradicate these beliefs completely so that the upcoming generations wouldn’t have to fear the unknown and believe in silly superstitions under the false hope of changing the destiny.
            The other day, I was attending a discussion based on this very topic of eradicating superstitions. I pulled out my wallet and checked into one of the compartments and recalled a small conversation between me and my family. Let me share the incident (I feel like sharing this because in my opinion this is one of the most general cases in every family):

The compartment contained a ‘tabeez’ given by a person whom my family consulted with hopes of safeguarding my future. They told me that I was supposed to wear it so that any ‘accidents written in my destiny’ could be done away with. Now the argument stands that if that metal piece changes my destiny, how am I supposed to believe that? I had no idea of what my destiny was in the first case. How can I say all of a sudden that my destiny has changed just because I have worn that ‘tabeez’? Who’ll clarify what my destiny was before I wore that???
These arguments, though valid, do not stand a chance in reality. People are really scared of the unknown and destiny is one of them. It is this human weakness that gives the ‘witty god-men’ the opportunity of exploiting us and building their social stand as well as their financial one. They do not come to us to offer a deal involving destiny, it is we who go to them, helpless and bound by fear, begging for a ‘thing’ that would eradicate the evil from the destiny.
Our character is built on our instincts and our instincts are controlled by our beliefs. If we believe in superstitions, quite simply speaking, it renders us weak and limits our potential. Don’t believe in what I say. Try it out yourself. Try barring superstitious beliefs. Try, at-least for once, controlling your own destiny, try questioning the logic behind superstitions and try finding the answers yourself.  Then go and look at yourself at the mirror and you’ll understand the changes that you brought about in yourself; I bet one of them will be an increment of self-confidence…
Superstitions were introduced to control the weaker at spirit and we, the people of 21st century, still allow superstitions to creep into the society and render it weak from within. Yes! I can feel that sigh that your heart just gave but this is the way it is and this is the way that will be, until and unless we decide to disbelieve in superstitions and motivate the weaker ones so that they can understand the scene and live the reality….You are free to start now!
All the Best!

No comments:

Post a Comment